Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BOXED LUNCHES

Do you like boxed lunches? I really do.
I like making them and I like getting them. There is something especially exciting to me
when you get a boxed lunch. I think it's the
anticipation of what lurks inside. Will it contain just a sandwich and chips? Or, will there be fresh fruit, desserts, salad?
I just love it! And, it's one of my favorite things to cater.
Isn't that funny? Maybe it's because I like to
pack them nice and neat and place "goodies"
under the sandwich like a surprise for those opening it. Sometimes, I'll throw in candy or extra cookies.
But I just get such pleasure out of making
them and hoping the recipient loves it.
So the next time you get a boxed lunch,
look under the sandwich first.
You never know what goodies just might be lurking there.

4 comments:

parTea lady said...

I make school lunches every night for the boys, but I don't think they look near as yummy as yours. I'll have to try adding a surprise under their sandwich.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Looks like a yummy box lunch! Maybe you'll be the next Paula Deen! ;-)

Katherine

Southern Touch Catering said...

Maureen, I used to make lunches for all my girls when they were in school, right on through High School. I had fun surprising them with all kind of neat sandwiches and it got to where I had to make extra's to share with their girlfriends! I loved decorating their bags on the outside too. I would also tuck little notes inside. (They hated that, but I think they just pretended to hate it in front of their friends.) I guess maybe that's why I still like making them.

Angela McRae said...

What a lovely presentation of your yummy treats!