Thursday, April 11, 2013

GOING COASTAL- Well a little bit anyway.

I've started working on a few projects around the house. I've been wanting to redo this guest bath for YEARS! I've had all the stuff ready since last January (2012) but have not had the time until now. I am really loving all the coastal looks lately and am going to embrase it thoughout my upstairs, starting with this bathroom. Would love all your comments.
 Painted the walls a soft greenish blue. It's called "Water Mark" And I think it's the perfect color. It was an old worn out blue & white gingham check before - leftover from the precious homeowners.
 A small bowl of beach glass and seashells
 An antique nautical sign from Nantucket that I've been waiting to put someplace for years!
 It works perfectly here over the tub.
New brown beadboard that I cut and installed all by myself (Yeah me!) I still have chair rail to put up, but I'm getting there. I'm also debating whether to paint the bead board white or leave it brown- would appreciate all inut.
I made the curtains from left over cotton napkins from my catering business and added the burlap stripes. I also added bulap to the bottom of my shower curtain. 
Remember to let me know what your thoughts are on the bead board color!
Thanks for your visits.

2 comments:

Bernideen said...

May I "use" your bathroom - it looks lovely!!!

Teresa's New Life said...

Thanks Bernideen. Any time you are in Newnan GA, stop on in! LOL!