Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tablescape Thursday- A SPRING COFFEE

I was fumbling through our garage one day last week when I ran across an unopened box of dishes that had belonged to my late father in law. I fell in love with them immediately. I think they are so clean and simple looking. It has great, beautiful, blue coffee mugs that came with it.
I decided to have a beautiful Spring morning breakfast.
And it was delightful! The flowers were in bloom & birds were singing. Perfect! The blue & yellow plate on top is not from the set. I found them many years back at Ross. They are marked Deruta "Hand painted in Italy".
And the 'found' blue & white dinnerware is Crown Corning made in Indonesia. But it's not "The" Corning ware that we're accustom to.
So I went about looking for complimentary things to set a table.
The roses fresh from my garden looked pretty in this former bedside water pitcher (the glass broke a few years back).
I think the lemons gave it a fresh, clean feel.
I used my Easter bunny napkin rings and the bird S&P shakers.
My bird cage was perfect for a center piece.
It was a gift from my sweet neighbor.
Sorry the sun went behind a cloud in this picture.

A good look out my kitchen window.

Coffee was served from my Delft ware pot from Cozumel.
Juice was served in the crystal glasses I found at the little shop in town. It's called "What's In Store." Isn't that a great name?

My little picture says
"Friendship is a gift to be treasured forever."
I agree- how about you?
Join us at Between Naps on the Porch for more tablescapes each Thursday

14 comments:

Allison Shops said...

What a pretty table - love the yellow and blue. Dropping by from BNOTP.

Allison
Atticmag

Sarah said...

Blue and yellow are a favorite combination for me. How nice that you have these dishes from your father-in-law. You've put together a beautiful spring table. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by HFTS and leaving such a nice comment. I appreciate it!

parTea lady said...

Your spring morning breakfast tablescape is lovely. The cheerful blue and yellow is great and your garden roses are beautiful. Of course I love that Delft ware pot - very pretty.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

YOu have adorned this stunning table in my very favorite colors- blue, yellow and white! They are so crisp and fresh. The dishes are so pretty and bold. I just love them. You did a marvelous job mixing them!
I could spend all afernoon at this happy table.
Yvonne

Americana Lady said...

How lucky to open a box and there are some new dishes! i loved the color and the centerpiece up high is a nice touch. Joan

vignette design said...

Love the table! Nothing like blue and yellow! Hey, I'm a follower! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my wine connoisseur's dinner!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is very pretty! I really like the blue and yellow! The coffee pot is lovely! Great bird house too!

Katherine

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Yes! I agree! Your setting is wonderful and so inviting! I can see why you were so excited to find those dishs. Love the blue,yellow and white and the bird theme. It's beautiful!

Anita Diaz said...

I love these colors! Your table is just beautiful! Funny, my hubby and I both also thought it was Mexican Independence Day, then I thought maybe I should look it up, lol!! He's Puerto Rican, so they definitely don't celebrate it there!

Maryrose said...

What a pretty table. What a great find, to discover your fil dishes.
Blue and yellow always make me so happy.
Fun table and great view into the garden.
Maryrose

rojospa said...

Every one loves blue and yellow! Throw in a little white and you have a beautiful spring table. How special to "find" your father-in-law's dishes. I love an unexpected find. Thanks for looking at my post "Mother's Day Tablescape Four Generations of..." at Designs by Lisa. I appreciate your support. Have a wonderful weekend. Lisa

Joyce said...

Very sweet little setting! Your photos turned out nicely!
Have a Happy Mother's Day.
Be blessed, Joyce

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I was away last week - so I missed all the pretty tablescapes -- This is so pretty - love your blue and yellow combination for Spring. Thanks for your sweet visit too!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful stable setting, so happy and inviting. The blue and yellow are a perfect combination for Spring.