Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Absent In Body Not In Mind

Thanks to everyone who has e-mailed me regarding my mom. She just left the hospital this afternoon and was transported to a rehabilitation center close to her home (the hospital where she was staying was 60 miles from my parents home). She will be in recovery for at least a month. It has been a real heartbreak to all of the family (5 children & dad) as we have shared in hospital "duty" 24 hours a day since Thanksgiving. Although her vitals have been really great her mind has not. She is suffering from what the Dr.s call ICU dementia. It is suppose to be reversible once she is in a familiar environment, but none the less it is very sad & scary since she was had such a vibrant mind. Anyway, I thank you all for your prayers and comments.
MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HANUKKAH TO EVERYONE! GOD'S BLESSINGS!!!!

3 comments:

Angela McRae said...

Thank you so much for the update! You are in my prayers!

Joyce said...

So sorry to hear about this. I wondered how things were going.
Hang in there.....
Be blessed,
Joyce

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

My son suffered from ICU psychosis while he was hospitalized w/ his burns. He had active, horrible & very vivid hallucinations. It was terrifying & heart-breaking to watch.

I will keep your mother, & your whole family, in my prayers. These things are as hard on the loved ones as they are on the patient.