Tuesday, September 1, 2009

WOMEN OF FAITH WEEKEND

Huge crowdInspirational speakers (Shelia Walsh, Lisa Whelchel, Patsy Clairmont & More) Famous Singers (Mandisa, Steven Curtis Chapman, Sandi Patty)
Lots of praising, sing, chears & worship)


This was my first Women of Faith event and I hope the first of many to come. It was a great weekend. But there were somethings I noticed other than the praise and worship.

The bathrooms never got trashed (although there were thousands of women there.) There were no scantily dressed girls or women, no one pushing or shoving their way through lines to purchase books or food, no battles over the bathroom mirrors to fix hair or makeup, there was a peaceful calmness while walking in the concourse areas. Everyone helped each other with boxed lunches, the elderly, the handicapped. I heard no gossip, no cursing, no fighting, just friendly laughter and smiles everywhere. It was joy and contentment in my heart.

2 comments:

parTea lady said...

That sounds wonderful. I'd really like to attend a "Women Of Faith Weekend" sometime.

Angela McRae said...

Oh, I wanted to go to that but we were at the beach that weekend. Glad to hear you had a good time!