My Photo
MY LIFE AFTER CATERING. Life things that I'm in love with. Sharing and caring for all things in GOD's beautiful world.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pickled Shrimp

As promised here is the recipe to the pickled shrimp. It has a lot of ingredients and each one is important. It is best if you make it about 3-4 days ahead to let it marinate. It makes enough for about 20 appetizer servings. It is so good.
6 pounds of medium cooked shrimp peeled with tale on
2 cups of tarragon vinegar
2 cups of sugar
2 tablespoons of dill
2 purple onions sliced thin
1 cup of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of sweet basil
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
1 cup of olive oil
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of Lawry's seasoning salt
2 tablespoons of red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons of parsley
6 small cans of sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons of seasoning pepper (I use Monterey seasoning for steak)
1 small jar of capers (an option that I use)
Mix all together and marinate for several days stirring twice each day.
Serve cold with crackers.

3 comments:

parTea lady said...

That does sound delicious and I like that it includes mushrooms in the mix. Too bad I'm the only shrimp lover at my house. Would it work if it was cut down to about a third of the recipe? Thanks for posting this.

Southern Touch Catering said...

Yes, it will work just fine. I say go for it. FYI- you really don't get an overwhelming shrimp taste with this, the other family members might just like it.

Angela McRae said...

Mmm mmm mmm!