Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A New Tea and a New Friend

Yesterday I had the privilege of spending lunch in the home of Patty Gironda a local TV cooking show host. But to call her that is just not giving her all she deserves. She is so kind, generous and so knowledgeable about foods that I was in AWE the entire time I shared with her. She has experienced so much of the world and has a gift of sharing it with you in such a way that you feel as if you have traveled it with her and such a gift of making you feel as if you are her best friend. She is also a fabulous cook. She creates her own dried herb mixtures from herbs she grows, has her own coffee line that she roasts & flavors and she knows so much about seasoning foods and experimenting with them. I left feeling so excited and can't wait until we can get together again. She taught me so much yesterday and know that I have made a lifelong friend. She did not let me leave empty handed either. She sent me home with 2 pounds of her coffee, a jar of a new brand of tea (because she knew I loved teas) and she also sent me home with fresh grown turmeric, and 2 bags of herb mixtures that she made for me. I don't know what I am going to cook with them yet, but I look forward to using them. Please visit her website & blog.
www.homeatlast.net/index.php I think you will be happy that you did. I have attached some pictures of the delicious tea she sent home with me.

The ingredients list just makes you want to try a cup!

The front label White Tea with Tropical fusionThe pretty sachet before steeping- can you see all the pretty colors?
Steeping- again look at the colors.The finished tea after 3 minutes. Beautiful golden color, a sweet & not bitter taste with the most delicious fruit tastes. It is good! I am not a white tea drinker, but I REALLY like this a lot!

1 comment:

Steph said...

It's always fun to meet new friends!