Saturday, February 14, 2009

Table Scapes

Before & After
I found some new dishes this week and HAD to have them even though it is only a partial set. They are pink, so of course the price being right they were coming home with me! (When I say right I mean it- $2.00 for the cup & saucer sets & 1.99 per dessert plate!)
I always keep my dining room table set throughout the year with the different seasons & holidays and these pink dishes were just perfect for a Valentine's Day table. I already knew what I was going to use for my centerpiece but after I finished assembling it, it looked more like Easter. So I remembered my Easter/Spring plates and decided to keep the centerpiece, add part of the Easter set and voila I have a totally different setting but keep my same centerpiece.

What'da ya think? Valentine's Day & Easter all rolled into one! And what do you think about my candlestick holders? We'll talk about those later.
Isn't my centerpiece cute. I love that old rabbit. I have had him so many years. Can you see the cut work in the candlestick?
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

3 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I love your centerpiece. When I saw it I thought "smart lady, she's got it covered for a couple months". Very pretty. The pink dishes are great too. Don't we just love a bargain and especially when it is as special as that.

Teresa's New Life said...

Thanks Marilyn. Yes bargains are the best especially when you add to the fact that they are perfect for TEA!!!

Angela McRae said...

OK, somehow I missed seeing this post when it first appeared, so when I read today's post and it mentioned "the pink dishes I wrote about the other day," I KNEW I had to go back and see. I LOVE these! And I'll be on the lookout for a pink teapot for you!