My Photo
MY LIFE AFTER CATERING. Life things that I'm in love with. Sharing and caring for all things in GOD's beautiful world.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm Getting Spring Fever!!!!

My home in the Spring & Summer

Ah, Spring is in the air. And I am itching to get my fingers DIRTY. Yes, I get them really dirty when I work in the yard. And yes, I work in the yard, not my Honey. I am the gardener aroundhere. I mow, haul dirt, plant and anything else that needs to be done in the yard. And with Spring around the corner and the beautiful day today I HAD to get out and piddle. I cut back roses a few weeks ago and did some weeding as well. But today was more maintenance. Raking all the fallen leaves and pine needles making nice beds for my azalea garden that I planted only a few years back. (I want more this year.) I tried just to mow and mulch the fallen leaves into my grass, but I have got to remember that oak leaves do not mulch well at all!!! They do however provide good nutrients for my azaleas. So I spent a great deal of time blowing the leaves. AND IT FELT GOOD!! I love working in my yard! Here's to a great Spring! How many of you are gardeners, too?

4 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

What a beautiful home and garden. My husband is the gardener, but I love giving him "suggestions" on what I want and where.

Southern Touch Catering said...

Yeah Marilyn, my husband likes to throw his two cents worth in too. LOL!!!

parTea lady said...

What a gorgeous home and gardens. Sadly, neither I, nor my hubby are gardeners (he does just the necessities like mowing). I bet your azaleas are beautiful.

kimberlyshaw said...

This is YOUR gorgeous home and garden? Beautiful!
Amazingly Beautiful!!!